Right or wrong Microsoft is pushing their cloud solutions and I’m sure they are good, or at least no worse than other cloud solutions on the market. What I wonder about though is the strategy behind the commercials, it’s all very nice and worthy to be the cloud solution behind big public events. However, what I don’t understand is why Microsoft are so proud over their Digital Crimes Unit, or proud might not be the right word, but personally I would think twice before publicly and globally market the fact that a privately own company has taken on a global police role. While I can see the need to keep up to speed and even anticipate threats, it’s always good to be able to stop attacks on a cloud solutions. But posing as an alternative, private, police? Has the support for and belief in the police force sunk so low that companies retreat to their own cyber crime solving units? I’m not speaking about research and monitoring, I’m speaking about Crime Units that helps find criminals – all according to Microsoft’s own words. Public Private Partnerships, PPP, is a fairly usual way for the public sector to work with the private sector and it can be a very good for all involved. But I personally believe strongly in the so-called state monopoly on violence. I am certain Microsoft’s Crime Unit finds cyber criminals, I mean it’s their job, but what happens then? Are these criminals reported to the national police force in the country the criminals are found? Microsoft deals with them themselves? And what in the eyes of Microsoft constitute a crime? It’s not a subject for a commercial, true, but I’m not so certain that I find this approach of Microsoft’s reassuring.
- Has the band inherited Madonna's sound producer from the ESC? #StrictlyComeDancing 11 hours ago
- @michellevisage drag. Thought you judge cars. Am so naive. #StrictlyComeDancing 11 hours ago
- The latest “The Brussels Lobbyist Newspaper"! paper.li/saragoldberger… Thanks to @IlCommPorro @riatsila501 #cybersecurity #infosec 22 hours ago
- Nordic Gender Inequality
- EU launches partnership for €1.8 billion
- Sponsored journalism – always dishonest and lacking in integrity?
- Cyber Insurance – the New Black?
- So why are weekly commutes so scary, again?
- After careful consideration….
- Gender Equality in the Board Room
- Is Microsoft the Global Police Force?
- Google’s Tribulations – Déjà-vu all over again…
- Perception is all…