The article lists seven questions to ask before launching a new social media platform:
7 Questions to ask before launching a new social media company platform
- Who is the target audience and how are they using this new platform? Many Google+ users joined due to the initial excitement, but have never logged on much once the initial hype died down.
- Do you have the resources to manage the engagement on this new channel? What happens if too many people start interacting with you?
- Have you set a clear expectation about the platform – why should people follow you here, as opposed to Facebook, Twitter or other channels?
- Which analytic tools are using to listen to conversations about the brand on this platform?
- Are you able to segment users on this new platform, between those who have flown you before, those who are likely to fly you, and just the ranters?
- What goals would you like to achieve? Revenue? Loyalty? Or something else?
- How will you measure success
Those of you that have read my blog know this is my hobby-horse so I’m happy to repeat them. We can never be reminded of the importance of getting the basis right first too many times.